I have gotten quite a few questions about this over the past few weeks so I thought I would mention it. Most old time BlackBerry users will remember the 5 free BlackBerry tools that came out back in the day. They are sill oldies but goodies.
- BBWeather – Pretty good weather application
- BBLight – Simple flashlight
- BBToday – Very simplistic today screen (does not really work anymore)
- BBcorrector – Spellchecker that requires data usage and is slow
- BBreply – Change the reply to email address
These have not been updated in ages but some of them still work. For example I still use the BBweather application but you have to fiddle around with it a bit to get it to work on newer trackball BlackBerry devices.
If you are looking for a weather application I would recommend BBweather. The trick to get it to work is that after you install the application ignore the error. Click the trackball to clear the error and hit it again to bring up the menu. Select options and put in your location ID (which is you zip code in the US) and uncheck the box Disable MDS if you are on a BES.