Stephano just pointed out to me a new application from the mobile database experts Cellica. The application is called BlackBerry Address Book Synchronizer Version 2.3. I am not sure when the previous versions came out but this application is new to me so I thought I would share. I can see quite a few hardcore users stuck with legacy or homebuilt CRM solutions benefiting from this. The application costs $24.95 and sadly has no trial available. RIM could learn a thing or two from Cellica with regard to all the features they have added in this application. Such as synchronizing a specific database to a specific contact category.
Synchronize any database such as Microsoft Access, Excel, Oracle, MySQL
or any ODBC Compliant databases with BlackBerry Address Book. Transfer any
database contents to BlackBerry Address Book or vice versa. One unique feature
is that you can transfer data to specific category of Address Book such as
Business, Personal etc.
- Supports Microsoft Access, FoxPro, Oracle, SQL Server, dBase, MySQL and Any ODBC Compliant Database.
- Overwrite or adds any database to BlackBerry Address Book or vice versa.
- Overwrite or adds any database to any specific category of BlackBerry Address Book or vice versa.
- Other BlackBerry Address Book categories data will not be affected while synchronizing any database with the specific category. Keep database synchronized with BlackBerry Address Book.
- Transfer data from multiple tables.
- Import BlackBerry Address Book data to desktop as a Comma Separated Values file (CSV file), Category based data can also be imported.
- Apply any SQL Select queries on database to limit the records.
- Send AddressBook as .csv via mail, You can send it Once, Everyday, Weekly, Monthly. BlackBerry devices having OS 4.2 or higher can send category base contacts.