In my opinion Viigo has long been one of the best – if not the best RSS reader for BlackBerry devices. Viigo is actually one of the oldest reviews found on BerryReview.com. For the last month or so we have been in contact with Viigo about their roadmap for the future. We got a prerelease copy of Viigo that has been released today which has fixed many of the caveats we had with the program. Version 2.2.80 brings quite a few new usability features to the table that will wet any users appetite.
You can get the latest release of Viigo by going to www.getviigo.com from your BlackBerry Browser.
I will give you a preview of the new features here but expect a full review shortly. We were highly impressed with the features added in this latest release and Mark Ruddock, the CEO of Viigo, has promised much more in the next month or two. Version 2.2.80 is more of a usability improvement incorporating user requests into the Viigo interface. Personally my favorite is the ability to sync with your Google reader account. Sadly they did not include my recommendation to increase the maximum article limit from 1000 but they did mitigate that by allowing you to limit the maximum articles per channel.
The basic summary of improvements added in this version are:
- Improving the frequency with which feeds are updated and delivered
- Allowing more screen real estate for feeds
- Preserving user-defined fonts
- Adding shortcuts
- Supporting One click email article to me
- Making it easier to blog from Viigo
- Adding the ability to limit the maximum articles per channel
- Supporting foreign character sets in “Full Article” view
- Adding the ability to synchronize (one way) to your Google Reader account
We will go into detail on all the new features and changes in the upcoming review so stay tuned!