Remember those bad pictures we had of the Pink and Red BlackBerrys at CES? Well the first of them is about to come to light tomorrow on Verizon. The Pink BlackBerry 8130 is coming right in time for Valentines Day this year. I wonder how RIM and Verizon are going to spin it. Nothing changed from the previous 8130 CDMA release so nothing new to report.
From RIM’s press release:
Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM), a global leader in wireless innovation, announced today the availability of the BlackBerry® Pearl™ 8130 smartphone in pink. Coming to Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com tomorrow, the pink BlackBerry Pearl is packed with the same powerful communications features and wireless broadband connectivity as the original, but it comes encased in a new pink finish that’s chic and sophisticated.
Perfect for the fashion-forward professional on-the-go, the BlackBerry Pearl 8130 in pink makes it easy to perform essential tasks away from the office, such as managing e-mail, and connecting instantly to the Internet, and it also lets customers take pictures, listen to music, watch videos, and much more. With built-in navigation to support the location-based application, VZ NavigatorSM, customers can get audible turn-by-turn directions to wherever they want to go. The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 also offers the following features and capabilities:
• Wireless broadband (EV-DO) connectivity for high-speed data transfers, perfect for fast Web browsing
• Premium phone features including Voice Activated Dialing, speakerphone, and noise and echo cancellation technology for clearer calls
• 2 megapixel camera with flash and 5x zoom, able to record video
• Advanced media player and enhanced desktop media manager software allowing customers to easily manage music, pictures and video between their PC and the BlackBerry Pearl 8130
• Externally accessible microSD™/SDHC memory card slot
• Bluetooth® with support for hands-free headsets, stereo headsets, car kits, and other Bluetooth accessories
The BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphone in pink is available Friday for $199.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. An additional $100 credit toward the purchase of the device is available for customers who sign up for qualifying voice and data plans at the time of purchase. In addition, Verizon Wireless offers Nationwide E-mail and Web for BlackBerry customers, which includes unlimited data, for an additional $29.99 per month on top of a voice plan. The plan provides access to up to 10 supported POP3 and IMAP e-mail accounts via BlackBerry® Internet Service.
For more information on products and services from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers may contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 1-800-VZW-4-BIZ.