mScorecard is a pretty nifty application that allows you to maintain a golf scorecard while out on the green. They claim that it is as quick to use as paper scorecards but you can call me a sceptic. The program calculates scores, handicaps, stableford points, sidegames and advanced round statistics for up to five players simultaneously. (I did not even know what a stableford point was )
The new version of mScorecard brings a couple new tricks to the table. The most notable is that the application now makes use of GPS and allows you to later track your movements on Google Maps. There is a trial option available and the application is going for $19.95 on most store websites.
PS: If you are looking for a much lighter free golf scorecard check out Wireless18
From the mScorecard website:
mScorecard™ allows you to:
- Track strokes and putts along with fairway hits, greens in regulation, up-and-downs, sand saves and penalties for up to five players per round. Enter scores and shot details in a matter of seconds per hole.
- Store full game histories and advanced round statistics on your phone along with an unlimited number of courses, players and rounds. Or post them on our server for detailed analysis.
- Use GPS to view your distance to the green at all times.
- Calculate and track your handicap index automatically based on played rounds. mScorecard™ supports multiple handicap systems in different countries.
- Analyze rounds and statistics to manage and improve your game.
- Wager and play popular side games, including Skins, Nassau, Match Play, Stroke Play, Stableford, Greenies, Longest Drive, Birdies, Eagles.
- Share scorecards and stats with your friends via e-mail.
- Access our Internet portal with advanced analysis tools, course downloads, round storage, handicap tracker and other features.