S4BB has decided to come up with an application that will fill the gap between the native RIM task application and their $49.99 priced NextAction. Their solution was a new application called TaskMaster with a more reasonable price point of $19.99.
I have not managed to find any comparison at all between NextAction and the lower priced TaskMaster to explain why NextAction costs 2.5 times as much as TaskMaster. The ironic part is that when they call TaskMaster a “Fully Featured” task management application it makes me wonder what features are worth the extra $49.99 to get NextAction?
TaskMaster has a pretty full rounded feature set in my humble opinion. You can see a quick snippet of the feature set from the product page below:
- FAST one click category switching – famous from NextAction!.
- Full featured task support: due dates, priorities, notes, status, etc.
- Synchronizes with Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Act!, Novell Groupwise, iCal, Entourage, and more.
- 100% compatible with internal Blackberry Task Application and NextAction!. You can use them simultaneously if you want.
- Enhanced for implementing GTD® (Getting Things Done).
PS: On a side note I actually got a quick laugh from the name S4BB chose for the product. They named it after the old school comic character Taskmaster. For a little deja vu you can read up on TaskMaster on Wikipedia.