SplashData, the creators of SplashID Secure Password Safe, have just released an update to their SplashID application. The new version looks very slick compared to previous versions. I would recommend checking out the plentiful screenshots on the product page.
Sadly the upgrade is not free for current users but at least the upgrade fee is a reasonable $9.95. The application can be had for $29.95 from the SplashData website. Personally I have never tried this application but I know quite a few people who use it daily. I really wish there was a way to backup this information to a secure 3DES server instead of relying on a desktop sync.
New in Version 4:
- New desktop views – Panel View and Tree View
- Tree View on the handheld application
- Enhanced security – auto lock-out after 10 failed attempts, password strength meter, and password hint option
- Web Auto-Fill – one click to open a website on the desktop and login automatically
- Synchronize multiple SplashID databases (with other version 4 database files only)
- Enhanced Lookup feature instantly displays relevant results as you type
- Email securely encrypted SplashID files to other users (from the handheld application too!)
- Add additional standalone desktop users
- Change the database and auto-backup file locations
- Toolbars give you button features where they are needed the most
- Updated icon set with enhanced high resolution graphics
- Fully Vista compatible