RIM has released a new version of their BlackBerry Java Development Environment today that should lead to some new application features on our new devices. Some of the new features in the JDE are listed below:
- create a player that displays a video in a field
- let an applicationâ€™s screen display content created in Plazmic Media Engine Version 4.2.
- start the media player with no content
- start the media player with content
- create a player for streaming media
- working with Wi-Fi connections on a BlackBerry device
- retrieve the phone number of a BlackBerry device
- accessing application attribute properties from a .jad file
- a new guide that focuses on how to create cryptographic smart card drivers
- information on running the BlackBerryMapsDemo project and related maps samples in the 4.3.0 Integrated Development Environment
To read more check out the documentation here on RIMâ€™s website or go to the downloads area here to get a copy.