I know many readers use FreeRange so I thought this may be of interest. Some users are still preferring the older version 2.2.6 but this version seems to have some nice enhancements. Thanks Luc-Movel for the heads up. To install go to http://mwap.at from your BlackBerry browser.
Note: For Blackberry upgrading from version 2.2.6, it’s very important to uninstall the application first, before installing 2.2.8.
Check out the new updates below or the announcement here:
– Added the feed url to feed properties. This allows users to copy-paste urls.
– Added new option in “Settings -> Display -> Open links with”. You can choose the default, which is to choose each time, or to always go to the internal or external browser.
– Changed “Update this feed” so that it forces the server to go and look for updates. This is good news if you know a feed has changed and want to look at the absolutely newest version.
– Fixed Next/Previous bug that appeared when there was only one article in a feed
– Fixed lockup up bug if “Access Links” was selected in Full Story and there weren’t any links visible on the screen.
– Fixed bug encountered by user with Google Reader integration where Send and Delicious weren’t correctly handling negative article ids.
– Change Feeds and Articles view to scroll by line if “Scroll by page” is turned off.
– Added new setting in Display: “Enable ‘Access links’ always in Full Story”. This will force the app to start in “Access links” mode when viewing a full story.
– Reduced memory consumption when downloading data
– Added support for our new FavIcon loading mechanism. It’s much faster and more resource efficient.
– Switched the secondary question view items to be left-aligned instead of centered.
– Now in “Add Feed by Url”, you don’t have to enter the feed title
– Fixed a bug where full story was deleted only after both the later version and article itself was deleted. Before it would delete the full story if either of them were deleted.
– Fixed bug in Feeds view where naming folder 8830 and/or starting feed name with a single quote doesn’t display right
– Fixed up colors for some themes, especially the “Darkness” theme.
– Improved application performance slightly