I know people have been asking for an application that will allow you to schedule profile changes for quite awhile. It seems that WCS BlackBerry Services has come up with a solution. The have released the first Notifications Profile Switcher for the BlackBerry. Currently the software is in Beta testing which they have announced on the forums so it could have quite a few bugs to iron out. It also seems to have a few issues with users on BES due to keystroke injection. The program has some great features including the ability to schedule a profile switch when a calendar item begins. You can get the program OTA here at this link http://bbprofilesota.wheatoncs.com. Thanks to MiBlackBerry for the tip.
What can the program do?
- Create “rules” to control which Profile is active. You select the Profile, the days and the duration of the rule.
- Assign a profile Profile to a Calendar event. The rule will automatically adjust if the time of the Calendar event is changed. Likewise, the rule will delete itself if the calendar event is deleted.
There are a few things you need to be aware of as you try out the program.
- The program is currently tested on the BlackBerry Pearl 8100 although it should work on any BlackBerry with OS 4.2 or greater.
- The program requires that keystroke injection be allowed for the application. (Instructions on how to do this are in the application.)
- The profile will not switch when the BlackBerry is holstered or the keyboard is locked. You will be notified by an audible and vibrating alert if this condition occurs, and immediately upon unlocking, or unholstering, the profile will switch.