ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter is a wonderful utility that allows you to extract emails, contacts, SMS messages, PIN messages, autotext entries, calendar events, phone hotlist entries, memos, phone call logs and tasks from IPD (BlackBerry backup) files to any format you could want (PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, TXT, DOC, MDB, XLS, CSV, etc.). The program is also able to convert messages, contacts, calendar events, memos and tasks from backup files to MS Outlook directly. This can be very useful when you are trying to get information off of your BlackBerry that you do not have stored elsewhere.
The software has a 30 day free trial but sadly the trial only lets you export 10 items at a time. The software costs $19.95 per user and also has multiple user and site licenses available. I actually found this when I was trying to find an email in an old IPD backup file I had found. Check out the software at this link or read on after the jump to see a feature list.
Below is a feature list:
- reads IPD (BlackBerry backup) files and exports selected messages, contacts, SMS messages, PIN messages, autotext entries, calendar events, memo, phone call logs, phone hotlist entries and tasks to a single file of any document format: PDF format (Adobe Acrobat doesn’t need to be installed), RTF format (also doesn’t require MS Word to be installed), hypertext HTML format, text format, MS DOC format, popular CHM format, old good HLP format, and many more (Access, Excel, DBF, etc.)
- generates contents with bookmarks (in RTF, DOC, PDF and HTML) and hyperlinks in the output file
- easy to use and easy to set up. You can adjust fonts, colors, styles, effects of output file
- supports column sorting
- displays selected message (or contact)
- supports advanced PDF export options (document information, 40/128 bits PDF encryption, PDF security options, page size, page orientation and page margins, resolution mode, compression mode, viewer options)
- supports multiple CHM and HLP export options
- exports messages to TIFF and DCX (multipage)
- converts messages to EML in bulk (since 2.06). You can then drag those *.eml files and drop them into MS Outlook Express folder.
- Website Creator for BlackBerry, Advanced CHM Maker (since 3.04)
- bonus: converts BlackBerry items to LIT (MS Reader), RB (Rocket eBook), FB2 (FictionBook) and PDB (Palm) (since 4.01)
- extracts text of MMS messages (since 4.09)
- exports Browser Urls and Browser Bookmarks (since 4.16)
- supports Extended MAPI (since 5.01)
- NEW: converts contacts to VCF (vCard) (since 5.03), emails to MSG (Outlook), calendar events to VCS (vCalendar) (since 5.04)
- command line support, multiple language support, skin support and more!