Empower InstaSpell has moved out of beta into version 1.0. This new version brings some really nice new interface features to InstaSpell. Make sure to use the new links above since the old ones in previous posts will take you to an older version. My favorite features are the new red underlining for misspelled words and the ability to import names of people into the spelling dictionary. The full list of new features are listed below (Courtesy of Empower):
- Misspelled words are highlighted RED in mail compose
- Bulk spell checking in appointments. (requested by Tony twice)
- Contractions are better supported. (requested by Tony)
- Import names of people and company from address book. Now this is a clever idea because the moment I type ‘Hi Ron’, Ron will no longer be marked as misspelled. Contacts & friends don’t get underlined as incorrect – significant because this is something that user will type almost always his emails.
- Conversation text is no more underlined in messenger.
- Fix bug that stuck GTalk & Yahoo chat when sending a URL.
Check it out at the download links above. Make sure to use the new links above since the old ones in previous posts will take you to an older version. Stay tuned for a review once the stable version of 1.0 is released.