PocketDay, our recent editors choice winner, has announced the main list of features to be seen in the upcoming PocketDay v5. As you can see on the left, PocketDay has taken taken on a new look and feel. It seems that they plan on adding beauty to the brawn. They have overhauled the look of the application. Added some major functionality such as creating a calendar event from an email and attaching contacts to a calendar entry. Another addition is a full screen weather page and a preview screen for emails. They have also added some features and hotkeys to take advantage of new hardware. Check out the complete list of features and screenshots after the jump.
- New PocketDay Icon
- New Crisp 3-D sections
- New Anti-Alias / Effect support on Fonts
- New Text Message Section
- New Trackball usage â€“ single click open
- Full Screen View
- Move the Trackball left/right to bring up the View switcher. Select a view and click to switch to it This takes any section and makes it a full screen view. Press ESC to go back to summary view.
- New Email Preview (press Spacebar when an email is highlighted). This will NOT mark the email as open.
- Create a Calendar Event from an Email (on Menu when viewing an email)
- Add a Contact Reference to a calendar item. This allows you to quickly Call or Email the contact when the calendar item is open inside PocketDay.
- New show time on left side of page
- MonthView – Spacebar pops open the day preview
- MonthView – Trackball now scrolls left/right and up/down
- New â€“ use spacebar for the Status Preview (no longer pops up by itself)
New 3-D look / Text Message Section / View Switcher Ribbon Bar
Full Screen Weather View / Email Preview Window
Add to Calendar from Email View / Calendar Entry Screen with email in notes
Attach Contact to Calendar / Menu options on Calendar Item with Contact
Monthview Preview Popup